Modernist palace Girona
Salieti Palace - Girona / T. 688 895 134 / info@palausalieti.com

Casa Audouard   (Salieti)



SALIETI PALACE - AUDOUARD HOUSE, dates back to the 14th century. It is situated in the old town of Girona and was restructured by modernist architectRafael Masóin 1911.

The renovation works took place in the inner courtyard and at the staircase next to the noble floor. The arches and chapters are preexisting elements that emphasize the neogothic accentuation of the renovation, based on an artistic attitude of the 19th century.
Each architectural element is highly interesting, in particular the windows and blinds. A lamp made of wrought iron, designed by the architect Rafael Masó himself and made by local blacksmith Nonito Cadenas, who performed the bars of the main entrance as well, can be currently seen in the San Felix Church of Girona.

Different architectural styles inside the palace were inspiring in order to recreate the building in co-operation with emblematic personalities like Colonel Nicolai Woevodsky, the owner, founder and architect of the Cap Roig Castle located in Calella de Palafrugell. However the design has always been supervised by Mrs. Maria Arboix, wife of well-known dentist Dr. Luís Audouard, the founder and owner of the Salieti Palace as it is known today.